stop plagiarism- do not copy, © protected work done by Sulaiman2011

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector

BLACK AND WHITE ( MEMORIES OF THOSE PRETTY EYES)


This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 24; the Twenty-Fourth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. The theme for this month is BLACK AND WHITE.
Given the theme Black and white, which I metaphorically feel is used to describe some event from the past...

here is one among them in my own style....



Can't forget her, since I've seen those pretty eyes,
Dazzling bright against the morning sunrise.
For those shining pearls were blue,
Shining like drops of morning dew.
Such sparkling was her sight,
Looking at them was a real delight.


Going back, I remember her walk past me in her black, loose Abaya,
Just like a traditional woman from Saudi Arabia,
Relieving only her pretty blue eyes,
Which were beautiful, round and mid-size.
Now that she'd walked away far,
Her eyes stayed in my mind, creating a mystical scar.


I now realized to have fallen for those pretty eyes,
For those were diamonds, of invaluable price.
Indirectly I've fallen in love with her,
Desperate to be her true lover.
This was Love at first sight,
Am I right......?


I wanted to see those eyes once again,
As she would return back through the glen.
Standing there in white against the raising heat,
Tiredness becoming my heartbeat.
Firm, memories of those eyes, I couldn't delete
Confident, Unwilling to accept my defeat


I braved my time with a lot of patience,
Till it was pitch dark, dunked to complete silence.
Tired and exhausted, slowly loosing hope,
Secretly wishing, we could elope.
Deciding to return back home,
Forgetting my plans to roam.



I reach home to find a surprise,
For there was that beauty with those pretty eyes.
Though shocked, I soon realized, she was a patient to me,
Took over her case report to read her history,
It was a jolt to find,
She couldn't see, yes- she was blind.


No therapy could bring back her sight
For she had completely lost her light.
My interest in her began to incline,
Rather than leaving it to decline.
Desperately wanting to give her a life,
I asked her if she would be my wife.


She immediately replied no,
For a reason I couldn't ever know.
Immediately she makes a move from here,
Withing no time she's gone, disappear.
Now that those pretty eyes have gone afar,
Still unable to forget those Black and White memories of a shooting star


--> Sulaiman Sait



Note :- This is not a true incident, all the characters in the above poem are fictionous and doesnt resemble to any person living or dead.


The inspiration to write this came when I was in the hospital for my ward rounds and realized a beautiful girl  in the ophthalmology dept (not my dept., but admitted in the mutli-speciality hospital) who lost her sight.  The other half of revealing her eyes came from the idea after reading Sulaiman Addonia's Debut novel --> Consequences of love. Also sorry caouldnt find a woman's pic with black abaya and blue eyes...!

The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

16 comments:

  1. I am glad that you posted a poem on eyes, how important it is to one's life. Why not to donate our eyes? what say? - A thought..

    Now to your rhyme bro, you rhyme beautifully well, and this is sadly beautiful :-) Long live your poetic muse..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Someone is special -->welcome, yeah eyes are very important to one's life... Its really a good idea, also as u know Im writing about social causes, I'll try to include this Idea about eye donation....

      Thanks for appreciating my rhyming scheme...!

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!!!!!...... dude.... it is awesome...... the first few stanza made me think abt my girl and then it was an unexpected twistttt.... Anyways, good one and continueeeeeeee!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Anonymous :- ha ha... does ur girl actually wear an abaya...?
      lol

      any ways thanks for the comment....!

      Delete
  3. beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!1 u've improved a lot now!!!!!!!!!! keep it goin!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @shreyas :- Thanks

      Also thanks for the comment

      Delete
  4. perfect treat for this feb 14th!!love is always blind!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Aswathy mam :- thanks for the comment.. I had this a plan for 14th feb as a release, but at the moment a competition was on and had to get one post done... so I made changes and posted it here...

      I have already written a dozen of romantic poems... All are special and romantic

      And yeah as u finally said--> love is blind (100% true and I agree with you)

      Delete
  5. Good goin sulaiman. Nice twist near d end. keep it up . All d best for ur competition. Hope u win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Shamili :- thanks, I wanted this kinda a twist ( it was planned)

      also thanks for the comment and wishes for the competition

      Delete
  6. I liked what inspired you to write this. Good going. ATB for BAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @D2--> Thanks and yea ATB for BAT to you too....

      Delete
  7. romantically beautiful.............awesome lines....throughly enjoyed it.....the rhyming you adopted adds further tone and colour

    rajathecritic - BLACK AND WHITE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @The Critics :- Thank you.....Thanks for the comment...

      hope to have a tough competition

      I'll definately check ur link

      Delete
  8. a very beautiful blog. Will come back for more.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks . . .and yeah pls do keep visiting for more. . .!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...