stop plagiarism- do not copy, © protected work done by Sulaiman2011

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector

FIGHT AGAINST POLIO


NOTE:- ALL THE NAMES USED HERE HAVE BEEN CHANGED JUST TO HIDE THE IDENTITY OF THE PERSON

     I was on my way towards home after a really hectic schedule at college and was on with my music as usual.  suddenly there was a small bang sound behind me... It was a physically challenged person around his 30's who was in this tricycle and met with an accident along an auto-rickshaw which was speeding, it was a hit and run case.
     All I could do as a student studying medicine was to take the next coming auto and rush the patient to the nearby hospital which was not really far away, I also was asked to donate blood, and I never refused.
     I met the doctors and spoke to them and then called Lajath's (knew his name later) wife.  She was there by quarter past7  and then I left them and went back towards home.
     A couple of days later(monday) on my way back I made up some time and visited Lajath along with a basket of fruits and a bottle of energy malt drink. He was happy to see me and his wife who was sewing some dress made some place for me to sit. Lajath was happy to see me and was asking about me.
     Later I took out a note pad and was noting the name of the medicines which he was taking, and was shocked to know that he was taking a medicine to improve the quality of his life as he was down with polio.
I just looked at him and asked him-DIDN'T YOU HAVE THOSE TWO DROPS OF LIFE(DO BOONDH ZINDAGI KI)

...? To which he gave me a shocking reply back with tears in his eyes
    Lajath said:- My dad never found time to take me as he was ever tight with alcohol and would be blotted in   it. Because of him I even lost my mother and lost everything we had, He made us popper. We were down staying on the road for years till I got something from my in laws and have got a better job to keep myself and my family in a roof.
     I was left mute and speechless with my arrector pili making my skin hairs stand, I just had a numb eye with sorrows in my heart. I took over the prescription and went down to the pharmacy, got the required drugs and handed over and left
   
     I felt helpless and was cursing the parents who never cared about their children, Who lived for self and never spent time for the life of their children. They are responsible for their own children's difficult straits, by making them a victim to polio-virus which invades and paralyzes the nervous system.



     The national Polio Survialance says that there is a reduce in the number of cases of Polio being reported in the las couple of years, speaking statistically the number of cases has dropped from 741 in 2009 to a record low 42 in 2010. All the credit goes to PrasarBharathi(Doordarshan and All India Raido), The Minsitry Of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, for taking up steps in spreading awareness to almost all parts of the country

    Finally I have a REQUEST to all those who are reading this post:- Please do help by seeing that all the children you know below the age of five are given Oral Polio Vaccine(OPV) a.k.a Do Boondh Zindagi Ki. Cause our aim is to completely flush off the name of polio virus from India and to completely make zero polio cases(at-least by2020)


Finally some words to hear from Padmabushan Shri Amithabh Bachchan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...